1175 West 600 North
Salt Lake City, UT
Four Pursuits for 2024
by giving our hearts and minds to the Word in song and the Word in preaching.
Colossians 3:16 - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and
admonishing one anoher in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual
songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
- Ask God to prepare your heart before coming to church each week.
Pray for the preacher, musicians, and all those serving.
Read the passage being preached on before you come.
- Intentionally engage others after the service about the Word.
Let the Word of Christ dwell richly in your life and conversations.
by giving of our time and energy in service to our church family and to one another.
Galatians 5:13 - "For you were called to freedom, brothers.
Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh,
but through love serve one another."
- Use the gifts God has given to you to serve along side others.
- Intentionally serve one another during the week.
Get to know one another so that you can help carry their burdens.
by knowing each others needs and bringing them before the throne of grace.
Ephesians 6:18 - "Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and
supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making
supplications for all the saints."
- Pray regularly through our church directory.
- Ask people, "How can I pray for you this week?" Then pray for them.
Also, join our prayer mailing list by reaching out to Mary Lou Gomez.
by deepening our bond with one another over a meal or time spent together.
Acts 2:42 - "And they devoted themslves to the apostles' teaching and the
fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers."
- Participate in as many church fellowship opportunities as you can.
Come ready to meet new people and get to know them.
- Invite others over to your house, to coffee, write a note, or simply
make a phone call. Find ways to develop relationship with others.